Tuesday, January 20

Today's Guided Journal Entry

I've forgotten which day I'm supposed to be on, but I THINK I'm still taking them in order. Internet mimics life: my email box gets full, so I am motivated to DO something to clean it out. Thus, I am here writing about this topic so I can delete the email that it came in. :)
What song lyrics are especially encouraging to you?
There are SO many songs that encourage me, in innumerable ways, that I really don't know where to start. As a naive, innocent young girl, I fell in love with a musician who played Beatles' songs to me on his acoustic guitar day and night, so there are many of their tunes that lift my spirits...but I'm not entirely certain they would go under the heading of "encouraging". Hm. Alright, I'll try to get a few out of the recesses of my mind.
SONGS WITH LYRICS THAT I FIND ENCOURAGING

"Alabaster Box"--CeCe Winans
"40"--U2
"Creation Song"--Fernando Ortega
"O Praise Him"--David Crowder Band
"Undo Me"--Jennifer Knapp
"It wasn't Easy"--CeCe Winans
"Colour My World"--Chicago
"Harmony & Me"--Sir Elton John
"Mama's Always on Stage"--Arrested Development
"R.E.S.P.E.C.T."--Ms. Franklin
"Out Here On My Own"--Irene Cara
"Dear Prudence"--Reminds me of a time long ago, as a young girl and my Love would sing it to me...

Those are just some that spring to mind w/o too much digging. There are multitudes more, and probably lots of them more appropriate than some here, but these are what I have available now.
How about you? Do you have any songs that are particularly good at lifting your spirits?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let me know what your thoughts are. The check's in the mail. ; )

Archives