Sunday, July 26

Moving along....slowly....

We went to get a feel for how a Transitional Living Shelter does things in a college town near here, last week. I was informed shortly before that, that "they don't like the name" that the group had given the (Displaced Youth Task Force). UGH. I created a blog for it, and began writing on it, and now it's not gonna be called that. HUH??
I wonder what it IS gonna be called, but haven't had a chance to ask yet. I find myself torn between feeling kind of defensive about the whole Outreach Project, and fearing that it will go by the wayside, as a direct result of having "the establishment" involved, and at the same time, knowing that I don't really have much information to draw on, as to how this can best be DONE, otherwise.
Then my boss went to talk to a "faith-based" group which I have been very interested in getting to talk to, and is going to meet with me next week to hopefully tell me what she found out. But I WANTED TO GO!!! I don't know how I missed out on that meeting, but I did. While I'm not happy about missing that one, I'm really glad that she went, and I can't wait to hear what she learned.
I have made a committment to doing what ever it takes to get some HELP out to the kids in the area who don't HAVE anyone rooting for them, and I wonder if I'm going to be really sorry for getting this emotionally invested....
So, that's where I've been.
Tell me, what's new with you?

1 comment:

  1. This is great, the effort you're making for the kids in your area. My wife and I have been pretty heavily involved in some things like that - it's a lot of work, but a blessing. And just to comment on what you said, I don't think you can stop yourself from getting emotionally involved. It seems to be in our nature to do so.

    ReplyDelete

Please let me know what your thoughts are. The check's in the mail. ; )

Archives