Saturday, December 17

The Spirit of...?

Hello, fellow readers and/or bloggers. Today is the 17th, and Christmas is just SCREEEEEAMING around the corner to land squarely in our laps. I always forget how fast and stealthy it can be!
This morning I got up early-I know "on a Saturday!?" right?! And felt like feeding my spirit. It's been slim pickin's lately in my little world, and I know that's due mostly to me and my own lack of action.
So, after doing a little housework, I dug out the old Brownsville Revival videos. It's been a while since I've gotten them out, so I figured whatever it was, it would be good for me. (Don't ask why there has never been any labelling of the videotapes. I just know they're SOMETHING from B-ville.) Turns out it was. Steve Hill was preaching out of Acts 17. The name of the sermon was "Babble On". I smile to myself now as I think of the unforgettable delivery style Steve has. It was good, like a cool drink of water after a dusty day. I still want ot order some videos off of the Brownsville site, or perhaps Michael Brown from one ot the sites he's involved with. I guess what I'm saying is, am I the only one who's feeling rather depleted in the spitirual food department?
I know I'm not. Problem is, I'm not sure I'm uncomfortable enough yet to get off my butt and seek God like He deserves. Dad used to say that when the discomfort from doing nothing got worse than the fear of change, (something like that) that's when a person would get moving.
I was tickled that the church listened when I suggested our having a New Years' thing, like "Praying in the New Year", you know? An alternative to whatever else is out there for hte night...My thought was a few hours of PRAYING and SEEKING God, with some worship and encouragement in Christ thrown in...
Yeah. I guess I should have spoken up more loudly.
It's turned into a "seeker-centered"/ outreach thing. Games, a band (playing secular music), food, more games, and some movies. That sounds like fun, doesn't it? I think it will probably be fun for whomever joins us. I don't even want to go, now, because I'm so disappointed...
It's all about change-or rather, willingness to have GOD change me/us/things.
Anyway, I found this last quotation on facebook. A friend of mine occasionally puts up some excellent things to ponder, and I wanted to share this one. (So I'll always know where it is, to quote my Dad) ; )
I hate to get all somber and serious, for the most part, but we ARE in rather serious times.

"In the world it is called Tolerance, but in hell it is called Despair, the sin that believes in nothing, cares for nothing, seeks to know nothing, interferes with nothing, enjoys nothing, hates nothing, finds purpose in nothing, lives for nothing, and remains alive because there is nothing for which it will die." ~ Dorothy L. Sayers died on December 17, 1957


We must seek Him while there is still time.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let me know what your thoughts are. The check's in the mail. ; )

Archives